Standing on his Shoulders
About the Author
Dr. Malebranche has published over 40 articles in medical and public health journals such as The Annals of Internal Medicine, The American Journal of Public Health, JAMA, and Lancet, He is known as a dynamic speaker worldwide and has appeared in documentaries on CNN, ABC News Primetime, TV One, and Black Entertainment Television (BET) for his expertise on HIV in the Black community. Dr. Malebranche served as a member of the President's Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA) from 2006 – 2008 and was the HIV clinical expert on WebMD from 2010 - 2012. He also appears in the video series #AsktheHIVDoc, which promotes HIV education for same gender-loving men, and Revolutionary Health, a weekly Facebook Live health web series that is part of The Counter Narrative Project, and advocacy organization for Black same gender loving men. In 2015, Dr. Malebranche published his first book, a memoir about his father entitled Standing on His Shoulders. He currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia.
Other works by David
- Academic Publications
- Greater than AIDS #AskTheHIVDoc: Meet the Docs!
- Oprah and the Truth about Down Low Black Men
- State of HIV Prevention
- Learning about Medicine and Race
- Changing the Narrative of Black Same Gender Loving Men
- An Open Letter to Black Same Gender Loving Men
- Thank you CNN
- Sharing My Truth in A Black Barbershop
- HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis and men who have sex with men
- Dear Mr. President: Black America Deserves Better
- Revolutionary Health for Black Same Gender Loving Men - The Counter Narrative Project